Posted on 22 December 2010 by Andie
I’ve recently been asked, what wines NOT to buy at the grocery store?
The words that came right out of my mouth were, “my mama taught me, if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all.” But wait, as a good techy I always have a way of delivering the bad news in the best possible light. Here it goes… I’ve listed my top bottom 4 wines to buy at the grocery store:
- Gato Negro Cabernet Sauvignon
- Jacob’s Creek Merlot
- Black Opal Cabernet Sauvignon
- Kanga Reserve Shiraz
Have you tried any of the above wines? If so, tell me about it.
Posted on 21 December 2010 by Andie
Citimaven’s Top 10 Wines for 2010
Thinking of a Holiday Gift? Wines are a great gift idea. I’ve compiled a list of wines that can suite just about anyone. For family, friends, staff, coworkers, and even your boss, these wines are easy on the wallet and can be found at Binny’s near you. Listed prices are for the Holiday Season and subject to change.
1. 2009 Apothic Red ($10) – California Blend
2. 2009 Freixenet Carta Nevada Brut Cava($11) – Spain
3. 2009 Kung Fu Riesling White Wine ($11) – Washington
4. 2009 Estancia Pinot Noir ($12) – California
5. 2009 Artezin Zinfandel ($14) – California Blend
6. 2009 Paco & Lola Albarino White Wine ($16) – Spain
7. 2009 Concha y Toro Marques de Casa Concha Carmenere ($17) – Chile
8. 2006 Rutherford Hill Merlot ($19) – California
9. 2007 Domaine Jean Louis Chave Cotes du Rhone Mon Coeur ($22) -France
10. 2008 Herman Story Syrah Nuts & Bolts ($34) – California
What made your list this year?
Posted on 03 December 2010 by Andie
I have 100 reasons to have a glass of wine, but the one that keeps me coming back for another is…
…it goes with everything!
Wine is like my favorite comfortable worn-out pair of Levis Jeans that make me feel like home. Don’t get me wrong, I can easily compare my 3″ red hot Manolo heels to a seductive glass of wine. Whatever the attire, wine is sure to follow.
From my first dates to rebound guys, wine has never failed to make my date complete. So what if sexy stemware wasn’t available, a plastic cup also rises to the occasion. From birthdays to funerals, I’m sure you can remember a bottle of wine lingering around. No matter the occasion, wine goes with everything.
We can’t forget the seasons, can we? From the sprouting of tulips to cold icicles in winter, I can always pair a glass of wine to the season. I can recall savoring a juicy melon Albariño to cool down hot nights in Madrid. Even the seasons give you a reason to enjoy a mouthful of grapes.
Here’s to having a plastic glass of wine in my comfy jeans with Mr. Right!